Russia is a country that stretches over a vast expanse of Eastern Europe and Northern Asia. Covering most of Northern Eurasia, it is the worlds largest country by area. Due to its size, Russia displays both monotony and diversity. As with its topography, its climate, vegetation, soils, and cover great distances. From North to South the East European plain is clad sequentially in tundra, coniferous forest, mixed and deciduous forests, steppe and semi-desert as the changes in vegetation reflect the changes in the climate. Siberia supports a similar sequence but is taiga prevails. The country ...
The geography of the Soviet Union includes the geographical features of the countries of the former Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. The Soviet Union was the largest country in the world, covering approximately one-seventh of the earths surface. He was two and a half times the size of the USA, and only slightly smaller in area than the entire continent of North America. It covers most of Northern Asia and a considerable part of Eastern Europe, extending even to the middle East. About a quarter of its territory in Europe, other in Asia. In the Soviet Union was dominated by the Russian S ...
Abrenes apriņķis was a County in the Republic of Latvia with an area of 4292 square kilometers, formed in 1925 from the Northern part of the Ludzas apriņķis as the County Jaunlatgale, but it was renamed to Abrenes apriņķis in 1938. The district comprises the towns of Balvi and Abrene and 14 villages, and townships in the composition of the district was reorganized three times. During the Second world war 6 Eastern townships – Purvmalas Bakovo, Linavas Lynove, Kacēnu Kachanovo, Upmala Upmalas, Gauru and Gavry Augspils Vyshhorodok, as well as the town of Abrene with a total area of 1293.6 sq ...
Idel-Ural literally Volga-Ural is a historical region in Eastern Europe, in Russia. The name literally means Volga-Urals in the Tatar language. The frequently used Russian variant is Volgo-Uralye. The term Idel-Ural is often used to designate 6 republics of Russia of this region: Bashkortostan, Chuvashia, Mari El, Mordovia, Tatarstan, Udmurtia, especially in Tatar literature or in the context of minority languages. Idel-Ural is located in the centre of the Volga Federal district the Volga region, the Volga region. The major religions in the region are Islam and Orthodox Christianity. Befor ...
Kursk magnetic anomaly is a territory rich in iron ores located in Kursk, Belgorod and Voronezh regions in Russia, and represents a considerable part of Central black earth region. Kursk magnetic anomaly is recognized as the largest magnetic anomaly on Earth. Kursk magnetic anomaly KMA was first discovered in 1773 by the Russian astronomer and scientist Peter Inokhodtsev in the preparation of maps of the General land surveying of the territory of Russia: General survey on behalf of the Russian government. He was not examined again until 1874, when I. N. Smirnov conducted the first geomagne ...
The Kuznetsk basin in Western Siberia, Russia, is one of the largest mining areas of coal in Russia, an area of about 10.000 square miles. It is located in the Kuznetsk depression between Tomsk and Novokuznetsk in the basin of the river Tom. From the South it borders the Abakan range, from the West Salair ridge and Kuznetsk Alatau in the East. He has one of the most extensive coal deposits anywhere in the world, coal-bearing seams extend over an area 10.309 square miles 26.700 km 2 and reach to a depth 5.905 feet 1.800 m. In General, the coal reserves are estimated at 725 billion tonnes. I ...
Meshchera lowland, also known as Russian / Meshchyora, a spacious lowland in the center of European Russia. It is named after the Finno-Ugric Meshchera tribe, which used to live there. He is part of Moscow oblast, Vladimir oblast and Ryazan oblast, respectively, it is called the Moscow, Vladimir and Ryazan Meshcheras.
The Oka-don lowland is a flat plain in the European part of Russia, bordered to the North on the banks of the Oka river, on the South by the river don, in the West-Central Russian upland, on the East of the Volga upland. The area is part of the larger East European plain. The terrain is flat, with average altitude of 160 meters above sea level, and rivers meander in wide floodplains. Agricultural plains high, mainly for the cultivation of grain crops - wheat, barley and rye. Plain flat route provides a North-South, the transportation route set between the mountains. To the line of FORTS wa ...
Pechora coal basin is located in the Extreme North of the European part of Russia. In almost 90.000 km 2 in the Republic of Komi and the Nenets Autonomous area Arkhangelsk region. The pool is associated with three main depressions: the USA river depression, Korotaikha depression and Kara depression, stretching from North to South along the Western foothills of the Northern Urals and Pai-Khoi ridge. Coals in the basin vary widely from brown coal to anthracite, various yield and ash content.
Seymchan is a pallasite meteorite found in the dry riverbed Hekandue, left tributary of the Yasachnaya river in the Magadan region, Russia, near the settlement of Seymchan, in June 1967.
The plow is a unit of land in Russia 13-17 centuries. Sokha was used as unit of taxation for worked land owned by another person or the state. The term originated when Tatars took rent from the actual plows - working tool of the lands, which were used 2-3 horses. At the end of the 15th century Novgorod Plow was 3 obj. Moscow Plow was equal to 10 in Novgorod and was paid in accordance with the different sizes in different parts of the state. In 1550 a New Land-a unit of measurement which has kept the old name Sokha. The name was then used for a certain number of operated land. A plow was di ...
Tartary or Great Tartary was a historical region in Asia, located between the Caspian sea and the Ural mountains and the Pacific ocean. Tartary was the General term used by Europeans in Central Asia, North Asia and East Asia, unknown to European geography. It covers vast areas of the Pontic-Caspian steppe, Volga-Urals, Caucasus, Siberia, Central Asia, Mongolia and Manchuria.
Transcaspian region, or Transcaspia just was part of the Russian Empire and early Soviet Russia to the East of the Caspian sea in the second half of the 19th century until 1924. It is adjacent to the South of Iran in Khorasan province and Afghanistan, to the North of the former Russian province of Uralsk, and to the North-East from the former protectorates of Khiva and Bukhara. Area, sq 212.545. miles. Part of Russian Turkestan, Transcaspian region corresponds to approximately the territory of modern Turkmenistan and southwest Kazakhstan. The name of the region literally "beyond the Caspia ...
★ Geography of Russia
- Geography portal Russia portal Geography of the Soviet Union Geology of Russia List of Russian explorers History of Russia Territorial changes of Russia
- The Russian Geographical Society Russian Ру сское географи ческое о бщество РГО RGO is a learned society based in Saint Petersburg, Russia It
- Geography of Russia History of Russia history of Ukraine History of the administrative division of Russia Chechen Russian conflict Foreign policy of the
- The Department of Economic And Social Geography of Russia Russian Кафедра экономической и социальной географии России is one of the oldest and the
- Geography from Greek: γεωγραφία, geographia, literally earth description is a field of science devoted to the study of the lands, features, inhabitants
- 3166 - 2: RU Internet country code top - level domain: ru, su and рф Geography of Russia Russia is: a country Location: transcontinental lies in both Europe
- provided as an overview of and topical guide to geography Geography study of earth and its people. an academic discipline a body of knowledge given to
- MSU Faculty of Geography Russian Географический факультет МГУ is a faculty of Moscow State University, created in 1938 by order 109 dated 23 July 1938
- 28 m Highest point: west summit of Mount Elbrus: 5642 m Highest point in Asia: Klyuchevskaya Sopka: 4750 m Extreme points of Earth Geography of Russia
- section: . Geography of Russia Geography of Ukraine Geography of Belarus Geography of Estonia Geography of Lithuania Geography of Latvia Geography of Moldova
- Belt or Red Zone Russian Красный пояс was a group of Russian regions with a stable support for the Communist Party of the Russian Federation and other
- Physical geography also known as geosystems or physiography is one of the two major fields of geography Physical geography is the branch of natural
- co - founder of the Russian Geographical Society Valeri Barsukov, geologist Vladimir Belousov, geologist Lev Berg, determined the depth of Central Asian lakes
- With time, Little Russia developed into a political and geographical concept in Russia referring to most of the territory of modern - day Ukraine before
- An oblast Russian область is a type of federal subject of the Russian Federation. Oblasts are a constituent political entity in a federal union under
- Geography of Asia reviews geographical concepts of classifying Asia, the central and eastern part of Eurasia, comprising approximately fifty countries
- Northwest Russia or Northern European Russia can be roughly defined as that part of European Russia bounded by Finland, the Arctic Ocean, the Ural Mountains
- and Russia in the east. The total geographic area of Ukraine is 603, 550 square kilometers 233, 030 sq mi Ukraine has an Exclusive Economic Zone of 147
- Henry. An historical geography of Russia University of London Press, 1968 Shaw, Denis J.B. Russia in the modern world: A new geography Blackwell, 1998
- Scouting in Russia comprises several dozen Scout associations, based on religion, politics and geography In 1908, Baden - Powell s book Scouting for Boys
- of the National Geographic Society and as described in the World Factbook. The southern part of Russia has some small areas that lie geographically south
- Afro - Eurasia Geography of the European Union Special member state territories and the European Union Age of Discovery Explorers of Russia Language facts
- The history of geography includes many histories of geography which have differed over time and between different cultural and political groups. In more
- On the federal level, Russia elects a president as head of state and a legislature, one of the two chambers of the Federal Assembly. The president is elected
- Polar Geography is a quarterly peer - reviewed academic journal covering research on the physical and human aspects of the Polar regions of Earth. It is
- to milder regions. Russia portal Geography portal Russian Far East List of Russian explorers Small - numbered indigenous peoples of Extreme North Northern
- Irkutsk Yuzhny, Novaya Zemlya Zhokhov Island, De Long Islands Russia portal Geography portal Media related to Islands of Russia at Wikimedia Commons
- Russia General information Russia at Curlie Wikimedia Atlas of Russia Geographic data related to Russia at OpenStreetMap Russia The World Factbook. Central
- regions of Russia along with Russian There are over 100 minority languages spoken in Russia today. Russian was the sole official language of the Russian Empire
- Russia s vast geography is an important determinant of its economic activity, with some sources estimating that Russia contains over 30 percent of the world s
The Kara Depression is a depression in the Extreme North of European Russia, by the mouth of Kara River, north-east of the Pay-Khoy Ridge. It is of diameter 50–60 km and filled with Quaternary deposits. Depression is part of the Pechora coal basin.
Kazan metropolitan area
Kazan metropolitan area is one of the largest areas, located in Russia, which includes the cities and districts of Tatarstan and Mari El republics: Cities: Kazan, Zelenodolsk, Volzhsk. Districts rayons of Tatarstan: Atninsky, Verkhneuslonsky, Verkhneuslonsky, Zelenodolsky, Laishevsky, Pestrechinsky. Districts rayons of Mari El: Volzhsky, Zvenigovsky. The population 1.650.431 people.
Moscow Upland is the eastern part of the Smolensk-Moscow Upland, located inside the Moscow and Vladimir regions of Russia. Extends from the headwaters and the upper reaches of the river Vorya, Koloksha. Highest elevation - the elevation of 310 meters - erosion and moraine. The hill is covered with mixed forest main tree species - pine, birch and aspen.
North Kara basin
The North Kara basin is a sedimentary basin, a part of the Arctic shelf of Russia, associated with the Kara Sea. It is separated from the South Kara basin by the North Siberian sill. From the North it is bounded by the Urvantsev Trough.
Rzhanaya Polyana is a natural area in Krasnodar Krai, Russia, located not far from Krasnaya Polyana. House in the center Luge "sledge", he went on bobsleigh, Luge and skeleton events at the winter Olympics held in Sochi in 2014.
The Samara bend is a large hairpin bend of the middle Volga River at the confluence of the Samara River. It is situated in Samara Oblast, Volga Federal District of Russia. As part of Volga in its middle reaches the Zhiguli mountains and the Samara bend is formed as the river circles these mountains.
Shaman-Gora is an archeological site on the outskirts of the village of Duty in Khiloksky District of Zabaykalsky Krai. It is famous for its about 100 petroglyphs dating from 4000–1000 BCE. It is thought to be a ritual site for the local tribes. There are two main strata and their artifacts show that there was a highly developed society in the region at the confluence of the Duty River and Arey Rivers.
South Kara basin
The South Kara basin is part of the Arctic shelf of Russia, associated with the Kara Sea. It is covered with Permian-Quaternary deposits over 10 km thick. It is the northern, lowest part of the West Siberian midland plate and separated from the North Kara basin by the North Siberian sill. It is bounded by the Pai-Khoi Ridge and Novaya Zemlya from the West and by Taimyr folds in the South-East. The pool includes East Prinovozemelsky field, a gigantic undeveloped Arctic oil and gas fields.
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →