★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 167

Ober, Indiana

Ober was founded in 1889 and was named in honor of Ober Heath, an early settler. A post office was established in Chief in 1883 and remained in operation until 1976.

Odell, Indiana

Odell is a small unincorporated community in Jackson township, tippecanoe County in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is part of the Lafayette, Indiana Metropolitan area statistical.

Ogden, Indiana

Ogden was originally called Middletown, and under the latter name was laid out and platted in 1829. When it was discovered that near Middleton, Henry County, Indiana, was platted two months before the city was renamed in honor of engineer on the ...

Old Tip Town, Indiana

Old tip town is located on the river Tippecanoe. Potawatomi wildlife Park is located about one mile North-East of the city and is home to many species of wildlife, including geese, ducks, frogs, turtles, rabbits, grey squirrels and deer. The old ...

Oliver, Indiana

A post office was established in Oliver in 1883 and remained in operation until 1934. Several family members Oliver served as early postmasters.

Ontario, Indiana

Ontario was founded in 1837. The community got its name from lake Ontario. A post office opened in Ontario in 1846, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1943.

Orchard Grove, Indiana

Orchard grove is an unincorporated community in cedar Creek township, lake County, Indiana. A post office was established at orchard grove in 1854, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904.

Oriole, Indiana

A post office was established in Oriole in 1890, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1967. The community was named in honor of a New World Oriole.

Ormas, Indiana

Ormas was founded in 1856. Name ormas honors community Jones, an early settler. A post office was established in ormas in 1880, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904.

Orrville, Indiana

A post office was established in Orrville in 1895 and it remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904. Two members of the Orr family served as postmasters.

Oswego, Indiana

Oswego was laid out in 1837. He was named after Oswego, new York. A post office was established at Oswego in 1840, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1935.

Otis, Indiana

Settled in 1851, the city was called Salem crossing on the southern railroad of Michigan, which tracks the community grew. By the time the village was platted in 1870, it was called Lacroix, courtesy of the Monon. The city served as an important ...

Otter Creek Junction, Indiana

Otter Creek junction is an unincorporated community in otter Creek township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan area.

Packerton, Indiana

Packerton was laid out as a town in 1882 by John C. packer, when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office was established in Packerton in 1881 and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1926. The community is the namesak ...

Palmer, Indiana

Palmer is an unincorporated community in Winfield township, lake County, Indiana. In a 2003 article in "the times" described the city as "home to 57 residents of 19 houses." A sign on the Randolph street entrance near the entrance to the city, de ...

Paradise, Indiana

Paradise is an unincorporated community in Ohio township, Warrick County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is located North of Newburgh in the Central part of the village. Mail is addressed to the community of Newburgh, Indiana, using zip code 47630.

Parkersburg, Indiana

Parkersburg was platted by Thomas Arnett and noble Welch in 1837. It was named for its first postmaster, Nathaniel Parker. A post office was established in Parkersburg in 1835 and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1903.

Parkview, Indiana

Parkview is an unincorporated community in North Harrison township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. Now in the city limits of Terre Haute, is also part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan area.

Parr, Indiana

Parr was made a station on the railroad built through that territory in the early 1880s years. A post office was established in Parr In 1893 and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1968.

Patronville, Indiana

A post office was established in Patronville in 1875, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904. Edward P. Harrison was postmaster.

Peabody, Indiana

Peabody was named in honor of James Peabody, a local businessman. A post office was established in Peabody in 1883, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1923.

Pelzer, Indiana

A post office was established in Pelzer in 1898 and remained in operation until 1900. The community bears the name of a family of settlers. Frederick William Pelzer, a local Warrick County farmer, immigrated from Germany in 1860.

Peoria, Miami County, Indiana

Peoria was incorporated in 1845, Isaac Litzenberger. Soon litzenberger opened a store. When the railroad was built in Miami County, it has not been extended to Peoria, and the city went into decline. Peoria was named for the Peoria clan, a subgro ...

Perkinsville, Indiana

Perkinsville was laid out in 1837 and named for William Parkins different spelling, an early settler. Perkinsville contained a post office from 1844 until 1912.

Pershing, Indiana

Pershing is an unincorporated community in Northern Rochester township, Fulton County, Indiana, United States of America. It lies along County road 400W, Northwest of Rochester, Fulton County. Its elevation is 751 feet, and it is situated in 41°5 ...

Peterson, Indiana

Peterson was named for Smith Peterson, who was instrumental in bringing the railroad to the village. A post office was established in Peterson in 1880, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1940.

Petroleum, Indiana

Oil was platted in 1894, and is so named because it was laid in the oil sector. Post office oil works since 1894.

Pickard, Indiana

Picard is an unincorporated community in sugar Creek, Clinton County, Indiana. The town is named for Jacob Pickard who operates a sawmill at the site.

Pigeon, Indiana

A post office was established in pigeon in 1883 and remained in operation until 1920. The community got its name from the nearby Dove Creek.

Pikeville, Indiana

Pikeville was laid in 1859. The community got its name from pike County. A post office was established in Pikeville in 1867, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1938.

Pimento, Indiana

Pimento is an unincorporated community in Linton township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan statistical area. Pimento cheese was one included in the national register of historic places, high s ...

Pine Ridge, Indiana

Pine ridge is an unincorporated community in Fayette township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan area. Pine ridge mine pond reservoir is located in the pine ridge.

Pine Station, Indiana

Pine station is an unincorporated community in Union township, Saint Joseph, Indiana. The community is part of the South bend–mishawaka in-MI, Metropolitan statistical area.

Pinhook, LaPorte County, Indiana

Pinhook was originally called new Durham. It was platted under the last name in 1847. Pinhook was a mocking nickname given to the neighboring rival town, but he was eventually adopted by the residents themselves Pinhook.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →