★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 141

Reelsville, Indiana

Reelsville is an unincorporated community in Central Washington township, Putnam County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It lies along local roads North of highway 40, southwest of the city of Greencastle, Putnam County. Its elevation is 676 feet, ...

Reiffsburg, Indiana

Reiffsburg was named in honor of John Reiff, who platted the community. A post office was established in Reiffsburg in 1854, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1905.

Reo, Indiana

REO is an unincorporated community in Ohio township, Spencer County, Indiana. The name REO was invented in 1966, as an acronym of the three nearest towns: Rockport, Indiana, Evansville, Indiana and owensboro, Kentucky.

Richland Center, Indiana

Richland center is an unincorporated community in Richland township, Fulton County, Indiana, United States. Richland center is also spelled Centre Richland in his early years had a post office from 1878 to 1902.

Richvalley, Indiana

Richvalley was first settled in 1827. The old version of the name of the community was called station Kellers. A post office was established in Richvalley in 1861, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1974.

Rileysburg, Indiana

Rileysburg is a small unincorporated community in highland township, Vermillion County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The city is served by the post office in Covington, in the neighboring County of fountain. The district is located in Newport.

Riverside, Wells County, Indiana

Riverside is an unincorporated community in Harrison township, wells County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is located on the road Indiana 116 near the city of Vera Cruz.

Roanoke Station, Indiana

Station Roanoke is an unincorporated community in Jackson township, Huntington County, Indiana. Station Roanoke began at the depot outside of Roanoke, and thus acquired its name.

Rob Roy, Indiana

In the town of Rob Roy was named after the Scottish patriot Robert Roy MacGregor by local John I. foster, a lover of literature who was especially fond of the novels of sir Walter Scott. Foster, described as an inventor and iron worker, lived in ...

Rock Creek Center, Indiana

Rock Creek center was so named from its position near the geographical center of Rock Creek township. A post office called "Rock Creek" was opened in 1874 and closed in 1902.

Rockford, Jackson County, Indiana

Rockford was named for the "rocky Ford" on the East fork of the White river, where allowed easier crossing of the river bottom. The area was first settled in 1813, James Reno, who was the Grandfather of the infamous Reno gang. The small community ...

Roll, Indiana

Roll is an unincorporated community in Washington township, Blackford County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. Almost all the community businesses have been closed for many years. Although the Blackford County historical society lists roll as a Ghos ...

Rome, Indiana

Rome is an unincorporated community along the Ohio river in the southeastern part of the settlement Tobin, Perry County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is located across the river from Stephensport, Kentucky and Indiana state road 66 ...

Rumble, Indiana

A post office was established in Rumble in 1888, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1902. Eli F. rumble has served as the first postmaster.

Rusk, Indiana

Rask was first settled in 1836, and was probably named in honor of Jeremiah M. rusk, ex-Minister of agriculture of the United States. A post office was established at RUSK in 1892, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1954.

Rutland, Indiana

The first post office in Rutland was called Cavender, established 1883. Renamed to Rutland in 1884, the post office closed in 1918. Rutland was the station in new York, Chicago and St. Louis.

Saint Anthony, Indiana

St. Anthony, originally known as St. Joseph was platted in 1860. Its name was changed to its current form to provide a post office. Saint Anthony post office was established in 1874.

Saint Henry, Indiana

Saint Henry, platted about 1874. The city was originally called the Henryville, but was changed to Saint Henry, because there was already a Henryville, Indiana. A post office was established in St. Henry in 1870, and remained in operation until i ...

Saint James, Indiana

St James is a small village situated approximately 1 mile South of haubstadt, Indiana in Johnson township, Gibson County, Indiana and 1 / 4 miles North of Vanderburgh County. St. James took its name from St. James Roman Catholic Church. The Churc ...

Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana

St Mary of the woods, often called St Mary is an unincorporated community in sugar Creek in northwestern Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan statistical area. A large part of St Mary of ...

Saint Philip, Indiana

A post office was established in Saint Philip in 1872 and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1902. The community got its name from the local Church. St. Philip was originally built mostly of German Catholics.

Saint Thomas, Indiana

A post office was established in St. Thomas in 1896, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1901. The community got its name from the Church. Thomas.

Salem, Adams County, Indiana

Salem is located at 40°4301"N 84°5112"W, approximately 4 km West-South-West of Willshire, Ohio, on Salem RD. about 3 km West of the Indiana-Ohio line, on latitude and longitude 40.717 -84.853. The average altitude is 823 feet.

Sandcut, Indiana

Sandcut is an unincorporated community in otter Creek township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan area. Little Gandhi stream flows on the southeastern side of Sandcut. Also, Sandcut volunteer fi ...

Sandford, Indiana

Sandford is an unincorporated community in Fayette township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan statistical area.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →