ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 127

Lachen und Weinen

Lachen und Weinen is a Lied composed by Franz Schubert in 1822 and published in 1826. It is D. 777 in Otto Erich Deutschs catalog. The text is from Friedrich Ruckerts collection of poems, Ostliche Rosen, which was highly influenced by the poetry ...

Nacht und Traume

Nacht und Traume is a lied for voice and piano by Franz Schubert, from a text by Matthaus von Collin, and published in 1825. In Otto Erich Deutschs catalogue of Schuberts works, it is D. 827. The song, a meditation on night and dreams, is marked ...

Der Zwerg (Schubert)

Der Zwerg is a lied for voice and piano by Franz Schubert, written in the mid-1820s on a text by Matthaus von Collin. In Otto Erich Deutschs catalogue of Schuberts works, it is Op. 22, No. 1, D. 771. The singer sings in three different voices: th ...

James Brooks House (Dayton, Ohio)

The James Brooks House is a historic house in downtown Dayton, Ohio, United States. Built in the 1830s and significantly modified later in the century, it was named a historic site in the 1970s. Brooks house is a stone building with brick Foundat ...

Hudson Hall (arts organization)

Hudson Hall at the historic Hudson Opera House is an arts organization and venue in downtown Hudson, New York. The organization hosts arts and cultural programming. The building, built in 1855 as Hudsons city hall, is New Yorks oldest surviving t ...

Henderson House (Dumfries, Virginia)

The Henderson House is a historic U.S. home located in Dumfries, Virginia. Alexander Henderson built this home in the late 18th century near the Old Post Road. Alexander Henderson was the father of Archibald Henderson, fifth Commandant of the Mar ...

Rock Creek-White Run Union Hospital Complex

Rock Creek-White Run Union Hospital Complex is a national historic district located at Cumberland Township, Gettysburg, and Mount Joy Township in Adams County, Pennsylvania. The district includes 11 contributing buildings and 13 contributing site ...

Round Top hospitals

The Round Top hospitals during the Battle of Gettysburg were located at the Little Round Top side of the Gettysburg Battlefield at 2 houses now in the community of Round Top, Pennsylvania.

Colonial Time Service Observatory

The Colonial Time Service Observatory was an observatory situated on the edge of the Bolton Street Cemetery in Wellington, New Zealand. It was built in 1869 to replace the Provincial Observatory, the line of sight of the Provincial Observatory ha ...

Wagner–Ritter House & Garden

The Wagner–Ritter House & Garden, located in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, is a modest house that was occupied for 130 years by three generations of a steel workers family, from the 1860s to the 1990s. The house and garden have been restored by the Jo ...

Edward G. Acheson House

The Edward G. Acheson House is a historic house at 908 West Main St. in Monongahela, Washington County, Pennsylvania, United States. Probably built about 1870, it is notable as the home of Edward G. Acheson, the inventor of carborundum, and as th ...

St. Marys Church (Pittsburgh)

St. Marys Church is a historic former Catholic church in the Lawrenceville of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It was built in 1874 and was added to the List of Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation Historic Landmarks in 1971. The St. Marys Church ...

Palo Alto Stock Farm Horse Barn

Palo Alto Stock Farm Horse Barn, also known as Stanford Red Barn or Stanford Stables, is located at present-day address 100 Electioneer Road in Stanford, California. This barn was established c.1878-1880 and is an example of Victorian-era Stick-E ...

Abner Phelps House

The Abner Phelps House sits at 1111 Oak Street just west of Divisadero Street in San Franciscos Haight Ashbury district. This is currently the oldest house in San Francisco, constructed in approx. 1850 by Abner Phelps and his wife Augusta Roussel ...

Ward House (Seattle)

The Ward House is a house on Capitol Hill in Seattle, Washington, USA. Having been built in 1882, it is one of the oldest houses in Seattle. Existing houses reportedly built before 1882 in Seattle include the 2629 East Aloha Street, 727 28th Aven ...

9-11 East 16th Street

9-11 East 16th Street is a seven-story building between Union Square West and Fifth Avenue in the Ladies Mile Historic District of Manhattan in New York City. The building was designed by Louis Korn for Martin Johnson and built between 1895-1896.

91-93 Fifth Avenue

91-93 Fifth Avenue is an eight-story store and loft building between East 16th Street and East 17 Street in the Ladies’ Mile Historic District of Manhattan in New York City. The building was designed by Louis Korn for Henry and Samuel Corn and bu ...

Adelaide Avenue School

Adelaide Avenue School is a historic school building located at Canandaigua in Ontario County, New York. It was built about 1890 and is a one-story, polychrome brick structure on a raised basement. It features a variety of picturesque late 19th c ...

Broom Building

The Broom Building is located at 701 Wheeling Avenue in Cambridge, Ohio, United States. The property was listed on the National Register on February 17, 1983.

Buildings at 1200-1206 Washington Street

The Buildings at 1200–1206 Washington Street, also known as the El Dorado Apartments and the Yellow Flats, are a historic district located in Hoboken, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States. The buildings were added to the National Register of ...

George M. Cannon House

The George M. Cannon House, built in 1890, is an historic Late Victorian mansion located at 720 East Ashton Avenue in the Forest Dale area of Salt Lake City, Utah. It was designed by noted Salt Lake architect John A. Headlund for George Mousley C ...

Christian Science Center

The Christian Science Center is a 13.5-acre site on the corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Huntington Avenue in the Fenway neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts. A popular tourist attraction, the center is owned by the Church of Christ, Scientist ...

Collins Building (Seattle, Washington)

The Collins Building or Collins Block is a brick building in Seattle, Washington constructed between 1893 and 1894 by John Collins. Done in the Romanesque style, Richardsonian Arthur Bishop Chamberlin, a five-story Collins building constructed on ...

Cox–Williams House

The Cox–Williams House is a historic house, located in St. Helens, Oregon, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 1, 1982. It is also listed as a contributing resource in the National Register-listed ...

Eugene V. Debs Home

The Eugene V. Debs House, on the campus of Indiana State University in Terre Haute, Indiana, was a home of union leader Eugene V. Debs. It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1966. The museum is maintained by the Eugene V. Debs Foundatio ...

Elka Park Historic District

Elka Park Historic District is a national historic district located at Hunter in Greene County, New York. The district contains 31 contributing buildings, one contributing site, and one contributing structure. It is composed of a planned communit ...

Fabens Building

The Fabens Building is a historic commercial building at 312-344 Union Street in Lynn, Massachusetts. The four story brick building was built in 1890, replacing two buildings that were destroyed in Lynns disastrous 1889 fire. It was built for Wil ...

Walter Keene House

The Walter Keene House is a historic house at 28 High Street in Stoneham, Massachusetts. The ​ 2 1 ⁄ 2 -story wood-frame building was built c. 1900, and is an excellent local example of a transitional Queen Anne-Colonial Revival house. Its hip ro ...

Nicholas Koester Building

The Nicholas Koester Building is an historic building located in the West End of Davenport, Iowa, United States. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1983. The building is a two-story brick structure that sits on t ...

Krumdiack Homestead

Krumdiack Homestead is located on the northern coast of Waldron Island, Washington between Fishery Point and Point Hammond. It was built in 1890 Friedrich Krumdiak. The site was added to the national register of historic places in 1993.

Longfellow School (Rutland, Vermont)

The Longfellow School, also known as Church Street School, is a historic school building at 6 Church Street in Rutland, Vermont. Built in 1890, it was the first purpose-built graded school in the city, serving as a model for later schools. It was ...

Manhanset Chapel

Manhanset Chapel, also known as Mechanics Hall, is a historic nondenominational chapel at 24 N. Ferry Road in Shelter Island, Suffolk County, New York. It was built in 1890 and moved to its present site in 1924. It was originally located on the g ...

Maynard Building

The Maynard Building is a five-story office building in Seattle, Washington. Constructed in 1892 on a Romanesque Revival design by Albert Wickersham, the masonry building was originally known as the Dexter Horton Building and housed Dexter Horton ...

Metropolitan Block (Lima, Ohio)

The Metropolitan Block is a historic commercial building along North Main Street in downtown Lima, Ohio, United States. Built in 1890 at the middle of Limas petroleum boom, it is historically significant as a well-preserved example of Romanesque ...

Miller Brothers Farm

Miller Brothers Farm, also called Kensington and Big House is a Classical Revival style house located in Kensington, Georgia along State Route 912. Built in 1890 as a hotel, the house was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987. ...

Oak Grove Methodist Church

Oak Grove Methodist Church is a historic church in Ten Mile, Tennessee. It was built in 1890 in neo-Gothic style. He was added to the national register of historic places in 1982.

Johan Poulsen House

The Johan Poulsen House is a three-story American Queen Anne Style mansion in Portland, Oregons Brooklyn neighborhood. It was built in 1891 by an unknown architect.

St. Patricks Catholic Church and Rectory

St. Patricks Catholic Church and Rectory is a historic building at 1219 2nd Avenue, S. in Nashville, Tennessee, United States. It was built in 1890 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984.

St. Williams Catholic Church (Long Lake, New York)

St. Williams was designed by prominent New York architect J. Cleaveland Cadys firm at the height of Shingle Style architecture fashion. It was built by William West Durant in 1890 and is a rectangular, one-story Shingle Style church with a steepl ...

Salado United Methodist Church

Salado United Methodist Church is a historic church at Thomas Arnold Road and Church Street in Salado, Texas. It was built in 1890 and added to the national register of historic places in 1984.

Smith Estate (Los Angeles)

The Smith Estate, also known as El Mio, is a historic Victorian house perched on a hilltop in the Highland Park section of Los Angeles, California. The street, El Mio, is named after the house, which is how the Smith family referred to it during ...

St. Euphemias School and Sisters House

St. Euphemias School and Sisters House is a historic school building and convent located at Emmitsburg, Frederick County, Maryland. It is a late-19th century school complex that consists of two attached brick buildings: a two and half story schoo ...

St. Marys Episcopal Church (Middlesboro, Kentucky)

The St. Marys Episcopal Church in Middlesboro, Kentucky is a historic church located at 131 Edgewood Road. It was built in 1880 and opened for services in February 1881. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. It is a wo ...

Swedish Lutheran Church (Monson, Maine)

The Swedish Lutheran Church is a historic former Swedish Lutheran church building on Wilkins and Hebron Streets in Monson, Maine. The church was established by Swedish immigrants to Maine and built by them in 1890. It is architecturally distincti ...

Tifton Commercial Historic District

Tifton Commercial Historic District is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986 and expanded in 1994. The original listing was portions of 10 blocks including buildings from the 1890s to the late 193 ...

Trinity Episcopal Church (Wilmington, Delaware)

Trinity Episcopal Church is a historic Episcopal church located at 1108 N. Adams Street in Wilmington, New Castle County, Delaware. It was designed by architect Theophilus P. Chandler, and built in 1890. It is constructed of grayish white "Avonda ...

Union Hall (Danforth, Maine)

Union Hall is a historic meeting hall near the junction of Depot and Central Streets in Danforth, Maine. Built in 1890, the hall has served since then as a venue for private and public events, including town meetings and other municipal functions ...

Kaikorai Presbyterian Church

Kaikorai Presbyterian Church is a Presbyterian congregation of the PCANZ Presbyterian Church of Aotearoa New Zealand located in Kaikorai, a suburb of Dunedin, New Zealand. Kaikorai Presbyterian Church has stood at the crossroads of Taieri road an ...

Ward Observatory

The Ward Observatory is an astronomical observatory in Whanganui, New Zealand. Built in 1901 and administered by the Wanganui Astronomical Society, it is named after Joseph Ward, the societys first president and longtime director of the observato ...

Colman Building

The Colman Building is a historic office building on First Avenue in downtown Seattle, Washington. It occupies a half of a block in proximity to Pioneer Square, and is bound by First Avenue, Marion, and Columbia Streets. It is listed on the Natio ...