★ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 102

Fosters Ridge, Indiana

A post office was established in Fosters ridge in 1858 and remained in operation until 1890. The communitys namesake, Alexander foster, served as postmaster.

Four Presidents Corners, Indiana

Four presidents corners historical society began collecting funds for the restoration of four presidents corners monumument date, the anniversary of his ordination in 2017.

Freeport, Indiana

Freeport was platted in 1836. The community was so named for its status as the point of delivery. A post office was established in Freeport in 1837, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1902.

Fritchton, Indiana

A post office was established in Fritchton in 1893 and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1915. Emil H. Fritch served as postmaster. The school was built in 1911 and closed in 1967.

Fulda, Indiana

Fulda is an unincorporated community in Harrison township, Spencer County, Indiana. Memorial County forest Spencer with world war II veterans memorial. There is a match in the first weekend of October.

Gale, Indiana

Gail is an unincorporated community in the town Centre, the County of Hendricks, Indiana, United States of America. Gail is located on the East side of Danville, just along the country road 300 East. Post office under the name Gail was establishe ...

Garfield, Indiana

A post office was established at Garfield in 1880 and remained in operation until 1907. The community was named in honor of James A. Garfield 1831-1881, 20th President of the United States.

Gatchel, Indiana

A post office was established in Gatchel in 1895, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1944. Roy gatchell said that he served as an early postmaster, according to local history.

Gifford, Indiana

A post office opened at Gifford in 1899, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1920. The community was named after its founder, Benjamin J. Gifford.

Gilmer Park, Indiana

Gilmer Park is an unincorporated community in the centre of the village, County of Saint Joseph, Indiana. Community is a subdivision nearby CDP Gulivoire Park, and is part of the South bend–mishawaka in-MI, Metropolitan statistical area.

Giro, Indiana

Giro is an unincorporated community located in the northernmost point of Gibson County in Washington township, Gibson County, Indiana. The city is also known as Buena Vista.

Glendale, Daviess County, Indiana

A post office was established in Glendale spelled Glen Dale in the early years in 1866, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1907. He was named after Glendale, Ohio.

Glenn Ayr, Indiana

Glenn Ayr or Ayr Glenn is an unincorporated community in the Central town of lost Creek, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan area.

Glezen, Indiana

The old version of the name of the community was called Homer. Hosmer was founded in 1854, Stephen R. Hosmer. A post office was founded under the name Hosmer in 1870, the name was changed to Glezen in 1883, and the post office closed in 1965. Rea ...

Glidas, Indiana

Glidas is an unincorporated community in the village of Heth Harrison County, Indiana, USA. The community is centered around the intersection of Glidas road SW and Hillcrest drive, near state highway 135 between Mauckport and Corydon. In the old ...

Goblesville, Indiana

Goblesville originated in the 19th century around a sawmill owned by John Goble. A post office called Goblesville was established in 1883 and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1905.

Goldsmith, Indiana

Goldsmith is an unincorporated community in Jefferson township in Tipton County, Indiana, United States of America, approximately 40 miles North of Indianapolis. It is part of the Kokomo, Indiana Metropolitan area statistical.

Gospel Grove, Indiana

Gospel grove is an unincorporated community in the Central town of lost Creek, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan area.

Grafton, Indiana

Grafton was founded in 1852 near the site of a gristmill on big Creek. The community was named in honor of Grafton, Illinois. Grafton post office closed in 1902.

Graham, Daviess County, Indiana

Graham is a small unincorporated community in Washington township, Daviess County, Indiana. According to one source, Graham got its name from the farm Graham.

Grange Corner, Indiana

Grunge corner is an unincorporated community in the southeastern town of lost Creek, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan area.

Grant City, Indiana

Grant town platted in October, 1868. It was named in honor of Ulysses S. Grant, then known for his role as commander of the army of the United States, and after the 18th President of the United States. The post office is still in grant town calle ...

Gravelton, Indiana

Gravelton was platted in 1876. The name probably refers to the presence of a gravel pit. A post office was established in Gravelton in 1876, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1906.

Green Acres, Indiana

Green acres is an unincorporated community in Ross township, lake County, Indiana. Its basically green acres subdivision, located East of Colorado St. between 73rd Avenue and $ 30.

Green Center, Indiana

Post office as established in Green center in 1870, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1903. These communities are areas in the geographic center of green village has caused the name to be selected.

Greenbrier, Warrick County, Indiana

April 26, 2011, a strong wind – probably the tornado associated with the super outbreak of 2011 hit the Greenbrier, along highway 61, uprooting trees, snapping power lines and causing structural damage.

Grovertown, Indiana

Grovertown an unincorporated community in southeastern Oregon township, stark County, in the state of Indiana.

Haleysbury, Indiana

A post office was established in Haleysbury in 1883 and remained in operation until 1885. The community was named in honor of Hayleys family of settlers.

Halls Corners, Indiana

A post office was established in halls corners in 1851, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1905. A post office was first kept in the house of Isaac Hall, hence the name.

Hamilton, Clinton County, Indiana

In the Western part of the land on which Hamilton stands was settled by Jacob Stetler in late 1829 or 1830, and in the Eastern part of John Gallinger in 1831, the two were separated by what is now Hamilton road near its intersection with state ro ...

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation
Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →